June 19, 2020
Our Canmore base is open offering regular daily sightseeing service!
June 4, 2020
We’re thrilled to announce the reopening of our Canmore base with regular daily sightseeing service on June 19th!
Safety is the top priority of all operations at Alpine Helicopters and we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. There will be a few changes to our operations that you will observe during your experience with us:
1 – Masks will be worn by guests and staff in all Alpine facilities and during all flights. If you do not have a mask Alpine will provide you with one.
2 – Facilities will be reduced to a capacity of 15 people indoors and social distancing practices will be in place.
3 – Upon arrival you will be asked to wash your hands, put on your mask and read and sign a COVID-19 operational compliance document before proceeding to the check in desk.
Book with us here!
We can’t wait to soar over the Rockies once again!
April 1, 2020
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt around the globe, we want to assure our valued customers that we are continually evaluating our response to the crisis and assessing the necessary changes to our operations to help in the fight against the spread of this virus.
We had previously announced that our Sightseeing Tour operations were to be temporarily suspended to the end of March. It is now clear that the risks associated with the spread of the virus are still high and we have determined that continued closure is necessary. Our customers can still book tours from June 1st and onwards, knowing that if the situation with COVID-19 does not resolve, our team will support you in adjusting your travel plans accordingly.
We will continue to monitor the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada and provide further updates as new information becomes available.
At this time, our other operations remain open, in a limited capacity, to ensure that we are prepared to respond to any public health emergency or other essential service that may require our assistance.
We continue to implement stringent measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure and transmission to our employees and any customers on board our aircraft. In addition to the measures outlined in our update on March 13th, we have made further adjustments to the way in which we operate as follows:
- All employees who are capable of performing their duties remotely have been instructed to work from home until further notice.
- Where remote work is not practicable, the number of employees working in any one area of a facility is being limited.
- Public access to our facilities has been restricted.
- Our facilities are being cleaned and disinfected THREE times daily.
- Our aircraft are being sanitized on a continual basis after usage.
As a dedicated community partner, Alpine Helicopters is committed to continued support, providing essential services, as and when needed.
March 15, 2020
Effective immediately, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all helicopter Sightseeing Tours for a period of at least two weeks, through to the end of March 29, 2020. We will be contacting all affected guests directly to cancel or reschedule their reservation.
We continue to monitor the situation and the recommendations of health authorities very closely and will advise you of further developments as they materialize. Our priority right now is ensuring the health and safety of our employees, our communities and our valued customers. We apologize for any inconvenience.
March 13, 2020
To Our Valued Customers,
As you all are aware, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) appears to be spreading rapidly, which has created much uncertainty and concern around the globe. While we are in rapidly evolving circumstances that will likely require adjustments going forward, it is important to make you aware of some of the actions we are taking to protect our guests.
Alpine Helicopters has committed to implementing the following strategies to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus:
- Effective immediately, our Sightseeing Tour bases are being cleaned and sanitized three times daily, including all work surfaces, washroom facilities and active touch points. In addition, we have removed all communal coffee facilities and have erected a “sanitation station”, which sightseeing tour guests will be directed to upon entrance to the facility and prior to boarding any aircraft.
- All other operating bases and office spaces are being cleaned and disinfected AT LEAST once daily, including all doorknobs, handles, railings, kettles, coffee facilities, water-coolers, etc.
- Each aircraft is being cleaned and disinfected after each passenger group has disembarked, or at least daily in the event there were no passengers on board. This includes all aircraft door handles, seat belts and headsets/ microphones.
- Each base is fully equipped with adequate clean hand washing facilities, alcohol-based hand sanitizers and boxes of tissues.
- All Alpine staff have been advised of the advanced cleaning protocols and other transmission prevention strategies that have been implemented and are committed to ensuring the ongoing health and safety of the workplace and our guests.
- All Alpine staff have been instructed on COVID-19 symptoms and other infection risk factors and have been instructed to immediately self-isolate if they feel they may be at risk of infection.
What can you do to help prevent the transmission of the coronavirus?
The World Health Organization (WHO) provides strategies to prevent the spreading of the virus and recommends that individuals:
- Wash hands frequently using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover their mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing (throw tissue away after use);
- Avoid contact with anyone who has a fever or cough; and
- Seek medical care early if they experience fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
If you are not feeling well, or feel that you may be at risk of infection, please contact us immediately and we will work to accommodate any necessary cancellation or rescheduling of your booking.
We hope this provides you with confidence that we are taking all precautions necessary to help prevent further transmission of the virus. If you have any questions regarding your booking, do not hesitate to contact us.